128 Sterling

Branding & Wayfinding

Once a hotbed of artists drawn to the converted industrial spaces and cheap rent, Sterling Road has become one of the fastest growing neighbourhoods in Toronto. Built in 1908, 128 Sterling was once the home of the T.A. Lytle Co., purveyors of pickles, catsups and sauces. The building has been gutted and renovated over the past few years, becoming a hub for new businesses including a brewery, café, branding & marketing agencies, production studios and designers.

The building needed a new identity that reflected the modernization of the neighbourhood and resonated with the diversity of tenants. A wayfinding system was developed to unify all spacial and visitor information. Floor to ceiling numerals were hand painted on the walls to designate floors and tenant plaques were mounted on floating clear acrylic panels.

View more work: